Titles are one of the major aspects considered by Google while optimizing the search results. Many questions have been aroused in the past on how Google select ‘titles’ in the search results. Two of such interesting questions were;
- What are the criteria Google considers while changing the ‘title’ in SERPs? Whether schema is an influencing factor or is it headings (h1, h2…)?
- Why do Google show H1 tag from HTML page instead of the current Meta title or description?
Google, whenever tries to select the title of a page, it looks for a brief description of the webpage which also matches with the query. The few decisive factors Google considers are
- Moderately short and crisp title
- The title should describe the web page, moreover the website significantly
- It should be pertinent to the search query to an extent
Therefore, if your web’s existing HTML title goes with the above criteria…
View original post 157 more words